Friday, July 27, 2007

My Choice Visual Basic

A number of years ago now I wanted to learn to program, I thought about it and managed to get a copy of Visual Basic 4, That was as you can imagine many years ago. Over the years i have followed through listened to other programmers talk of visual basic being the entry level language and not really professional.

This is as false as it comes, sure a few years ago visual basic had its place in business logic and i steered away from some technical programming, the obvious problems were that it was a bulky program when compiled. I have dabbled with C#, Cobol, and Delphi; However I believe strongly in being an expert in one language is better than being a jack of all trades in terms of learning other languages. Now days with Dot Net the line between Visual Basic and C# being radically different is a bit blurred.

Xtenda Communications now provides various applications written in Visual Basic, including VBA, VB6, VB.NET.

I am hoping to find the time to publish some of my works over the years, when i first started my applications used to seem to take forever to complete, its amazing how you as a programmer change over the years, you find easier ways to do things you get very frustrated when you spend weeks or months writing code to work around limitations then a new version is just released sorting out that limitation, and you sit back and thing i just did all that for nothing.

I hope to bring some new bits and pieces to my blog and i hope to see some people come back and even leave some comments.

Thanks

No comments: